Friday 25 October 2013

Writing a letter of intent ...every beginning is hard

Writing a letter of intent is for many candidates one of the most difficult parts when preparing a job application. The purpose of this document is to grab the attention of the hiring manager, introduce the applicant, and inform the manager of the applicant’s abilities as well as answering several questions. All this in one page document and without copying what is written in the resume.
The letter of intent - every beginning is hard - HR backstage/ Alina Melita
Here is how a young candidate is trying to get the attention of the employers and find his first job.

Email content:
Dear HR at [...],

Hello, I am […], who have just graduated from […] University of Munich yesterday!! And here I am to apply for the job: "ENGINEER ".

Maybe there is a gap between your requirement and my ability, since you are looking for some guy with at least 3 years professional experience. However I consider myself as faster learner with positive "Can do" attitude. And also I have almost 2 years experience in the industry level as a working student. So I think it won't be a problem to fit into the new environment.
Anyhow, please spend some time to have a look at my CV and Cover Letter attached in this e-mail, and I  really appreciate for your time and effort!!
Wish you have a nice day and future.
Best Regards,
[…]  


Letter of intent
Dear Sir/Madam at […],
Hi, I’m […], who just graduated from […] university in Munich on Oct 22th this year (2013).
I find myself a competitive candidate for the position ‘’Engineer” for the following reasons:  […]
Last but not least, I consider myself as a fast learner with energetic “Can do” attitude. Since I have overcome so many difficulties during my studying and working time, I believe I can and will survive in the future career. :-p
To sum up, I think myself a very excellent candidate and have confidence to handle this job perfectly. Please pay some attention on me and I won’t let you down.
Best Regards,
[…]

Do you think this candidate will be invited to an interview for the position he applied for? Do you think this approach will bring any good results at all? How would you react or respond if you were a recruiter or a hiring manager who receives such an application?

No comments:

Post a Comment